Imagine the Possibilities: Careers in Health Professions April 19
HFC will host “Imagine the Possibilities: Careers in the Health Professions” on Wednesday, April 19 from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
This forum focuses on men in the healthcare profession and is open to all regardless of gender. This annual event takes place in the Hackett Conference Room (Rm. G-150) in the Health Sciences Education Center (Building G), located on the main campus.
HFC’s Student Outreach and Support (SOS) Office coordinates this event, which is funded through the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act (Perkins Act).
“While this event is designed to encourage non-traditional gender participation in non-traditional programs of under-represented occupations, the event will be open to all,” said HFC Counselor Diane Green, event co-coordinator.
The event schedule is as follows:
- 7:30 a.m.: Registration and Continental Breakfast;
- 8 a.m.: HFC SOS: Dr. Brenda Hildreth;
- 8:15 a.m.: Medical Assistant: Liz Hoffman;
- 8:30 a.m.: Medical Assistant student;
- 8:45 a.m.: Physical Therapy Assistant: Tara Jarois;
- 9 a.m.: Respiratory Therapy: Ray Robinson, Kim Najarian;
- 9:30 a.m.: Radiography: Sharon Wu; Radiography Student;
- 10 a.m.: Nursing: Susan Shunkwiler, Joe Yaksich, Lorraine Paffenroth;
- 10:30 a.m.: Nursing Student;
- 11 a.m.: Surgical Technology: Keambra Overall; Surgical Technology Student;
- 11:30 a.m.: Ophthalmic Technician: Kathy Campbell; Ophthalmic Technician Student;
- 12 p.m.: Pharmacy Technology: Theresa Mozug;
- 12:30 p.m.: HFC Career Services Office: Chad Austin; and
- 1 p.m.: Lunch and Prizes.
Admission is free, as well as breakfast and lunch. Drop-ins are welcome. For questions and/or further information and to register, please contact Cynthia Anderson at 313-845-9629, via email at email@example.com, or Brenda Redinger at 313-845-9617 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.